"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page"-Saint Augustine

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fastest Blog Update Ever

First 2 days of school down woo hoo! I love my kids (I know I´ll take that back at some point this year, likely within the next 2 weeks), they are so darn cute and have the cutest little Colombian accents. They ALWAYS say hello and goodbye, and `Thank you Misses´ (with a long e sounds like meeeses) when class is over. One of my Manuela´s told me today that I dress beautiful, guess I´ll have to keep dressing to her standards. I have been on their case constantly about speaking English in class when they are doing group work, which then means they keep asking me words in English which is fun for me to try to figure out what the heck they are trying to describe. Yesterday we had and 8 period schedule for the first day, but today we had our standard 5 period, so I only taught 3 classes and was done by 12:50 right before lunch. Tomorrow I will only teach 3 again, but this rotating schedule is tricky to figure out: today class periods were A,B,C,D,E with a 30 min break between B and C and 40 minute lunch between D and E, but I only taught A, C & D. Tomorrow will be classes F,G,H,A,B with the same breaks and lunch etc etc. Although its tricky for planning, it gives me usually 140 minutes of prep time and the day seems a lot shorter. Still no Internet at home arrrggggagagrgrgrrgrgrgagag. Although I think I am getting used to it, I really hope we can get it up and running soon. Today after school some teachers are playing volleyball and tomorrow is softball, then next week starts yoga and body combat, no wonder everyone here is so fit! Oh and it should be noted that Middle School (me) beat High School (David) last Friday in kick ball 24-14. Off to plan some lessons before volleyball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...