"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page"-Saint Augustine

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Making Mistakes

“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new”
-Albert Einstein

I posted this quote in my classroom while setting up before the first day of school.  It turns out it is quite appropriate.  My students are so fearful of making mistakes on their class assignments or during labs.  They need constant approval and reassurance, no matter how many times I tell them we will go over the answers when they are done.  I remind them all the time that making mistakes is often how we learn the most important lessons or ideas and that its OK. 

This also caught my eye because heck, maybe this moving to and teaching in a new country is a huge mistake.  I doubt it, but I couldn't not do it simply because it could be wrong.  What kind of life is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...