"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page"-Saint Augustine

Monday, January 16, 2012

One Hot Dog Please, Hold the Butter

That's what I'll be sure to say next time I attempt to eat a hot dog in Colombia, not that its likely I will.

It was Friday night during Game Night that David and I realized we hadn't eaten and wanted something quick and cloys by, thus, the hot dog place.  Apparently hot dogs fit in OK with my "eat healthier"  goal.  False.  As the man was making my hot dog, I saw him squeeze something onto it, but figured he had already made the move and that it wasn't likely I would be able to explain to him I didn't want what he had just put on there, so I thought I'd chance it.  And that's when I discovered that Colombians put butter on their hot dogs.  Maybe not all Colombians, but this hot dog only eatery thought it was important enough that they put only that on for me and left the rest to me.  Needless to say, it was less than appetizing.  However unpleasant a surprise this might have been, at least it will make me think twice before ordering a hot dog anywhere but Chicago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...