"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page"-Saint Augustine

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Random Thoughts in Chicago

I drove for the first time in 5 months and didn't get in an accident.  I'm not going to lie, when I got in the car (that I remote started thanks to the best Christmas gift from 2009, thanks Mom & Dad!) I was a little nervous.  And after the car died because I tried to put it in drive without putting the keys in after remote starting it, I felt even less confident, but surprisingly, driving came back to me with ease.  Just like riding a bike, or well, like driving a car. 

While it was nice to turn on the radio in the car and hear English, that also meant I had to deal with surfing the stations to find something good to listen to. And unfortunately, Miley Cyrus is still played on the radio in the US. Even more unfortunate, I still know the words to many of her songs. I really dislike myself sometimes.

Note to self: you do not have to speak Spanish here. People get extra confused when a white girl starts speaking Spanish to them.

"Emmmm" and "Ooossshhh" are not acceptable sounds to make when thinking or surprised by something.

Toilet paper can be thrown in the toilet here, no need to second guess.

Mmmmmm pickles. I really miss pickles and my first taste of them again was on my delicious Potbelly T.K.Y skinny.  However, the sandwich artist clearly underestimated what I meant when I said "extra pickles".  I'll have to me more clear forceful next time.  Luckily, my friends still remember my love of pickles and give my their extras when we go out to eat.

I think I'm experiencing the onset of seasonal depression.  Does the sun seriously never shine in the winter?  I don't recall this gloom hanging over Chicago for all of December.

No ants.  I can bake without worrying that my workspace will be taken over.  Still have aunts though, thank goodness.

Maury Povich: how do you sleep at night?  1 baby 3 possible dads?  Who cares?  Ugh, boycotting TV.

There is nothing better than clothes out of the dryer.  I am angry with myself for not immediately coming home and rewashing and drying all of my clothes.  At least I know for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...