"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page"-Saint Augustine

Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Finally Have Internet!

Yes. Its true. I am currently coming to you (although not live unless you can somehow see this as I type…creepy) from our living room. David got the call during our Tuesday Spanish lesson that Telmex could come this week and LUCKILY Rosa comes on Wednesday’s so they were able to come while she was there. It did take some Spanish-English dictionary translating by David to send Rosa a text (she never answers her phone) that made sense, and leave a note just in case so she wouldn’t be surprised. I stayed and played Volleyball at school until about 6 or so and David played tennis with our principal so neither of us got home until later in the evening, of course assuming that something inevitably would have gone wrong, or we wouldn’t know the password and we’d have to wait another month for them to come back. When I walked into our apartment and saw our modem it was a little like Christmas morning. I know that not having Internet is a silly thing to complain about compared to a lot of other things, but I was relying on Skype to communicate with my family not to mention keeping people at home up to date with my blog AND planning and putting in grades. Life got a lot easier with that little modem. However, knowing that I can in fact survive without Internet in our apartment, I am going to try to make a point to not waste my time on it as much as a admittedly often do. You can expect an influx of blog posts in the next few days though.

As I write this David is streaming the Bears season opener and just turned his computer to me and exclaimed “Look! Its the Bears!” Apparently its still a little like Christmas morning, 5 days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...