"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page"-Saint Augustine

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Year One Highlights

Here's the thing: I got distracted (that happens easily), but now it has been more than 3 months since I have written and I don't know where to start.   So I thought I'd start with a little review to ease back into things.  If you've been following me since I started over a year ago, you already know some of the things I've been up to.  Looking back on the year myself, I started thinking about some of the highlights from the year, so here it goes, in no particular order:

  1. Moved to a new country (duh)
  2. Survived Carnaval in Barranquilla
  3. Milked a cow (and survived my first overnight trip with Middle Schoolers) 
  4. Held a (wild) tarantula. Not to be confused with overcoming my ridiculous (but legitimate) fear of spiders, because that didn't happen
  5. Swam in the Amazon River
  6. Caught a piranha
  7. Went canopying for the first time (and the second)
  8. Hiked (and almost made it) to a volcano
  9. Kayaked on the Pacific
  10. Tried yoga for the first time, and loved it
  11. Made a BA Rubik's Cube cake for a lovely shared 11-11-11 birthday
  12. Toured a cathedral carved into a salt mine
  13. Cooked...a lot
  14. Started scratching off my to-do list
  15. Watched some amazing salsa dancers
  16. Went tubing for the first time
I'm hoping this will get my butt in gear to keep this baby updated, but I'm not making any promises.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...